Surface Syntactic Universal Dependencies (SUD)
SUD is an annotation scheme for syntactic dependency treebanks, near isomorphic to UD (Universal Dependencies). Contrary to UD, it is based on syntactic criteria (favoring functional heads) and the relations are defined on distributional and functional bases.
Automatic conversion to the SUD format are available here.
The SUD annotation scheme is described in the publications below:
- Kim Gerdes, Bruno Guillaume, Sylvain Kahane, Guy Perrier. Improving Surface-syntactic Universal Dependencies (SUD): surface-syntactic relations and deep syntactic features. presented at TLT 2019
- Kim Gerdes, Bruno Guillaume, Sylvain Kahane, Guy Perrier. SUD or Surface-Syntactic Universal Dependencies: An annotation scheme near-isomorphic to UD. presented at UDW 2018
SUD relations overview
The picture below describes:
- in blue: the hierarchy of relations specific to SUD
- in green: the relations shared with UD
- in orange: the UD relations not used in SUD
The light-blue boxes at the bottom correspond to the deep syntactic features.